Successful empowering rituals need to be that, a path to power your way to success, otherwise are just habits that might take you somewhere but are not part of your success path. Is time to cleanup your rituals, just like cleaning up your socks drawer is necessary to separate between the successful rituals and those rituals that might be taking time and focus away from your success goal. At the end, you will have a better view and a more focus attitude toward your goal.
It is never too late to find new rituals or to improve on those you are currently practicing. We all have rituals, but the question that you need to ask yourself is: “Are my rituals empowering me or are they disempowering me?”
Make a list of your daily rituals that you have been doing over the past ten years. Analyze the outcome of each of these rituals. Make each ritual go through this couple of questions and analyze the results:
- How did they assist you in progressing to your desired goals?
- How has your daily routine affected your relationship with your family and your friends?
If the answers to the above questions are ones, which clearly state that your habits have generated only a negative or mostly negative impact in your life, then it is evident that you have disempowering rituals. It is time to change those disempowering rituals to empowering rituals.
The Power of Your Thoughts
You have the power to change your thoughts, which will eventually influence your actions. Every one of your actions came about because of a thought that you had initiated. Whether that idea came about consciously or it was a subconscious thought.
To create empowering rituals, you will have to learn how to reprogram your mind. To accomplish the reprogramming of your thoughts you first have to find an empowering ritual that you will be using to replace the disempowering one.
Start your day with the right attitude, full of energy and refreshed with ideas. When your day gets off to a good start, you will be able to use your time more productively. We all have the same twenty-four hours in our day but how we structure our activities for the day can make a lot of difference.
Let us take a look at some disempowering rituals that you might be practicing, and were not aware that they are not empowering you.
“What we dwell on is who we become.” Oprah Winfrey
9 Common Disempowering Rituals
1. Getting out of bed late. Waking up long after the sun has comfortable settle itself in the sky and have provided great warmth for the Earth is not empowering you to accomplish your goals.
2. Lack of physical and mental exercise.
3. Unhealthy eating habits, which are leading to degenerative and other fatal health issues.
4. Your time is used for reading and watching the wrong kind of materials, which cannot assist you to achieve your ultimate goals.
5. The individuals that we interact with on a daily basis influence our thought process a lot more than we often realize. You will not find any successful people hanging out on the side of the street speaking to a group of individuals that only hangs out on the street every day unless they are doing some kind of community outreach program. Gossiping on the telephone for hours would be considered unnecessary spending and valuable production time lost for a successful individual.
If you keep spending most of your time with unproductive people, then, eventually you will become sterile. Make sure that you are not wearing the label of an unsuccessful person. Evaluate your acquaintances. If you associate yourself with people who are thriving for success or who are already successful, then, you will be motivated to change your lifestyle to be more in line with the successful people whom you are now associating yourself.
Now, I am not saying that you should stop speaking to your friends if they are not productive. I am merely suggesting that you associate with them less and find more individuals that share similar success vision as you do. Successful people associate with other successful individuals.
6. Never making any plans for your day, you just go with the flow of any events. If you are not making plans to achieve, then you have quickly set yourself up for failure. So, do not be surprised when you reap failure’s results.
7. Poor time management. You might have made plans for your day, but you spent too much time conducting rituals that unproductive.
8. No form of academic improvement. While it is true that most of the world’s wealthiest individuals might not have a master’s degree, they continually educate themselves through daily reading of books or by watching various videos that will assist them in improving their skill sets.
9. The poor allocation of your finances is a disempowering ritual. Investing your money in things that cannot return a profit on your dollar will not let you become rich. It is nice to have a fancy car, beautiful clothes, and dine at the best restaurants, but these must only be a reward for the assets you have a mass through your hard work. Living like the rich and famous when your bank account along with your wallet is still living in poor man’s land, is a perfect example of you allocating your funds poorly. All the finer things of life that you want to enjoy now will still be available when you have mastered your success rituals, and you are financially capable of living life as a wealthy and famous individual.
6 Empowering Rituals
Let’s take a look at six empowering rituals that focus and channel your energy towards success.
1. Exercise – your greatest wealth will always be your health. You should never sacrifice your health to achieve wealth. Your wealth will never truly restore your health, and you might not even live long enough to enjoy your success.
2. You must eat healthy and ensure you have adequate rest. We are what we eat, and eating a healthy diet will give you the power to concentrate and focus on the tasks at hand to achieve maximum potential.
3. Get up early in the mornings. A great ritual that you must develop is to get out of bed early in the mornings. Creating a great head start to your day and life begins with you getting up early. You might need to go to sleep earlier, the idea is to rest your 8 to 10 hours each night, not to sleep only 5 hours each night and be sleepy after your first cup of coffee wears out.
4. Make plans in your journal for the following day before you go to your bed at night and evaluate activities of your day.
5. Find time to unwind and meditate. Spend some quality time with those you love.
6. Invest in yourself by increasing your knowledge about the field that you are in, and also learn how to spend your money wisely. Consistently, assess how your current asset can be allocated to allow you to earn more in different areas. Here is an excellent food for thought as you make plans to educate yourself:
“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” Jim Rohn
What you do daily influences your life. If your rituals are disempowering, you will never yield positive or favorable results. On the contrary, if your rituals are empowering, then, you have a greater possibility of achieving some form of reward.
Success starts in your mind, with the thoughts that you are forefront in your head because those thoughts are what will eventually empower your daily actions.